Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Watching the Orange Bowl

I think I am really a guy at heart. Almost every Sunday, and during important college games, I am with my friend Mark at a sports bar eating and drinking and watching sports (and if I can't go to a bar, I am at home watching the games still). Just like a guy. I love watching football with friends, and with big crowds. So last night we went to the Ale House to watch FSU and Penn St. What a game. Missed field goals always seem to be the vain of FSU... but we won't go there.

What was funny was that some girl during the 2nd overtime says to Mark: "Penn St. is in Pennsylvania right?" OMG. You are kidding me right? Mark looks at me, then her, and says "yup". Then she says "well, then they came to the ends of the Earth [to play in the Orange Bowl in Miami]". Mark says "yup". Miami is at the ends of the Earth? If she thinks that, she has another thing coming. Obviously she doesn't know geography.

THEN, one of her friends asked her who won, and she says "Miami didn't win, Penn St. did". Okay, Miami wasn't even playing dear. Pray that she was drunk, because that is the only reason I MAY have let her off the hook.

I will post later about more NY stories, but I just had to write about this idiotic episode.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you are a guy at heart at all..... Lol!