Monday, January 23, 2006

Brokeback





Well I saw "Brokeback Mountain" this weekend, and absolutely loved it, like I knew I would. The only person I could get to go with me was a coworker of mine-no one else in Tally would go! I don't know what the big deal is-this is society now and you just have to deal. I don't know why no one would go because it was just a normal love story, but just with two (HOT) gay men, and not a man and a woman. It had all the essential characteristics of a love story: two people meet, cannot be together for whatever reason, spend their whole lives thinking about this person, and never have a fulfilling relationship with the person they ended up marrying b/c they are thinking about this other person they were destined to be with. If anyone has ever seen "Legends of the Fall"(one of my all-time top 5 favorite movies that I could watch over and over again), it's exactly like Tristan (Brad Pitt) and Susannah (Julia Ormond). Each man tries to marry a woman in "Brokeback" (see below), but the marriages are a farse. Just like how Susannah settled for and married Tristan's "boring" politician brother Alfred (Aidan Quinn), but never got over wild, hot Tristan. It makes my heart ache when people know that the one they truly loved got away from them, and they could never have them back. It's painful.

(Photo 1 courtesy of this site, photo 2 courtesy of this site).



I am not going to say a lot about it if people are going to go see it, but I want to buy it when it comes out on DVD. It really is an incredible movie, and definitely deserved the Golden Globes it received (Ang Lee, Best Picture Drama, Best Original Song, Screenplay, etc.). If anyone wants to comment on it that has seen it, let me know.

(Photo 3 courtesy of this site, photo 4 courtesy of this site).

3 comments:

Erin said...

I loved this movie! I, for one, had no problems finding a date. Jason and Amy came with me AND I ran into half of my Sunday School kids at the same screening too.

Awards and nominations are very well-deserved. I thought Heath, Jake, Michelle and Anne did excellent jobs in their roles. You really could feel everyone's heartache and understand their positions.

Anonymous said...

BARF !!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Spiderman's wife had great headlights! TUNE IN TOKYO!!!!!!!!!!!1