Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Here and there

I didn't have anything specific to write about-just 2 random things.

First, last Sunday, Marsha and I went to the mall b/c she insisted on me going to the sales at Victoria's Secret (some things were $1.99). I bought some nice things. Well, what I thought were nice things. I bought a foot thing with pumice to make your feet smooth, sparkly lip gloss, and some oil cloths that you can wipe away face oil with (which will be good for my trip to Costa Rica b/c there is no air conditioning and I sweat a lot there). One lady working at VS saw me with the foot thing in my hand and said "oh, I have to tell you that these break, so I wouldn't buy it". Marsha was mad b/c she had already bought one the day before. hahahaha I said oh okay thanks for telling me-I probably won't buy it. But, I decided to buy it anyways b/c it was cheap and I could use it for a while. The lady saw me a couple minutes later with it still in my hand and said "oh, you are buying it anyways?" and I said yes b/c I can use it until it breaks and it is cheap. She looked at me like she was mad. MAD?!?! I thought, geez, you work here but you are discouraging me from buying these products. I was mad then and almost got a manager, but I decided to leave it alone.

Second, my coworker usually forwards me these totally useless facts of the day, and I thought this one was interesting: The Nike "swoosh" logo was designed by University of Oregon student
Carolyn Davidson in 1964 — four years after business undergrad Phil Knight and track coach Bill Bowerman founded the company they originally called Blue Ribbon Sports. Ms. Davidson was paid $35 dollars for her design.

She is probably kicking herself for selling her design so cheap. : /

Sorry, this was kind of a boring post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the Victoria Secret stuff I got. Their stuff is cute and I love the lotions. You smell so nice for the whole day. I keep sniffing my arm and legs, hahah.
That sales girl was a little weird, I didn't know why she was so invested in us not getting the product. Oh well....