Monday, January 02, 2006

Fun times in NY (NO, not NYC... Syracuse)

I LOVE going home for the holidays. As much as I always say I love Florida, which I do, I love going home to see my family and friends who are sometimes only back in NY once a year. I get so re-energized for the new year. : )

This time was especially fun because my friend Marsha was able to come home with me and experience my family and friends, and SNOW. Actually, we really could have had worse weather. Compared to last year's couple of days of -10 degree temps, this year was great. In the 40s some days.

It's funny to see how different cultures view the US. Marsha is from Trinidad, and though she has lived in the States for a while, some things are just still so new to her. Take New Year's Eve for instance. She was sooooo worried about someone there (I won't mention any names so he won't get embarrassed) who was puking his guts out for a while after drinking so much. I told her that this is typical American college student behavior and that I had done it too many times to count during college. She was afraid that he would die from choking on his vomit or something like that. It's a valid concern of course, but we Americans are so used to drinking til we puke that it's nothing new. It was just cute how she reacted.

Anyways, here are some pics. The first is my great brother Mikey making his ever famous donut face. Someone spilled some Mike's Hard Lemonade (berry flavor) on him on New Year's. hahahahahaha Marsha documented about beer pong so I won't write about that. We went to a couple of the gigs Mikey's band New Day played at too. Here they are at Coleman's on Tip Hill. They are great-visit their website at www.newdayband.com !! I'll post more of my friends when I get their permission to post their pics online. Until then............... wrestling is on and I have to see John Cena beat Kurt Angle in the first ever blood match.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes I had a tremendous time there! I was thinking that you have to fill in the gaps that I leave in my blog because it is always good to hear about the same event from a different perspective!