Monday, September 12, 2005

Scavenger hunt

It is always fun walking to work on a Monday after 'Noles and Tallahasseans have had a good long weekend of partying, especially if we had a home football game. I live very close to campus, and in a part of town where a lot of the college kids live. So, when I walk to work I see random things in the street leftover from the fun weekend. For example: Zephyrhills water bottles and wrappers, beer bottles (the most common thing I see), spattered tacos (or burritos-I really wasn't sure) from the late night munchie urges at the nearby Taco Bell, a fluorescent yellow straw, a half eaten orange, papers of all kind, a CD of Johnny (or Jonny-I can't remember) Diaz and the case next to it, plastic beer cups, various fast food items (ketchup packets, a plastic soda cover thing, Popeye's bag), a Snickers wrapper, something that looked like a battery, lots of cigarette butts, and many more things. Often times I see undergarments laying in the street-one time there was a bra, another time some guy's shorts and socks, and another time women's underwear. There is also occsionally vomit. I just want to take my class on a walk and have them do a scavenger hunt around campus and see what they can scrounge up. : ) It's always entertaining looking at the things lazy people can't throw away.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm curious - what kind of class are you teaching and what kind of lesson would it be if you were to let your class loose on scavenging the jungles of FSU frat rom? :P

Erin said...

ok, I'll break out the spell check now. That was supposed to say "frat row"