Thursday, September 15, 2005

Blog game

Erin said there was this blog game going around, so I figured that would be a fun post for today.

20 years ago I… (1985)
1. Was in 3rd grade with a great teacher Mrs. McCabe who I still see when I visit my elem. school.
2. Was happy that Mikey (my brother) was starting kindergarten and would be in the same school as me!
3. Enjoyed playing dress-up with my friends using my mom's old dresses, jewelry, shoes, and purses.

10 years ago I… (1995)
1. Graduated high school.
2. Started college and got drunk for the first time on rum and coke in the Terraces of Ithaca College (remember Phil?).
3. Met some of the greatest friends I could ever have at IC, some on the very first day of school.

5 years ago I… (2000)
1. Received my masters degree from FSU.
2. Was looking for full-time jobs.
3. Was helping plan my best friend Jen's wedding.

3 years ago I… (2002)
1. Started classes for my Ph.D.
2. Went to Mikey's college graduation at St. Bonaventure.
3. Went to Costa Rica for the first time with the FSU program I continue to coordinate.

1 year ago I… (2004)
1. Had 3 weddings to attend in NY (and 3 bridal showers) within 3 1/2 months. I was in 2 of them.
2. Watched helplessly as my favorite city in the world was attacked. (Madrid, March 11) My host brother was on one of the trains, but thankfully he was alright.
3. Started planning my high school reunion and looking for people (HUGE job).

So far this year I… (2005)
1. Finished classes for my Ph.D.
2. Saw a 6 ft. leatherback turtle laying eggs on the beaches of Tortuguero, Costa Rica.
3. Went home for a wedding Mikey was in, and for my high school reunion.

Yesterday I…
1. Find out the most exciting news a best friend could ever share with me!
2. Taught my first-year experience class (it was academic day-anything they wanted to ask about majors, minors, grad school, taking summer classes, etc.).
3. Had a great workout at Curves.

Today I…
1. Am working and chatting with friends.
2. Will eat at my favorite Mexican restuarant in town-Los Compadres.
3. Am not sure what else will happen since it's only 10 AM.

Tomorrow I will…
1. Go to work.
2. Go to a goodbye happy hour for coworkers at On The Border.
3. Do laundry hopefully.

In the next year I will…
1. Take my prelim exams, and hopefully begin my dissertation (YIKES).
2. Go to my brother's best friend's wedding in July 2006 back in NY and go to Costa Rica again for the 5th time.
3. Hopefully travel somewhere new or somewhere I haven't been in a long time, and go to an ATP or WTA tennis tournament.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I'm stealing your blog game--that's so cool! Ok, now I really look like a nerd.