Tuesday, September 27, 2005

People suck

Over the past few days, I have just been dumbfounded at what my friends and family are telling me about things that they either witnessed or heard from other people, and things I have experienced too. For example, my brother went to the Bills game on Sunday. Bills fans are always crazy (I remember one time when my dad and I went to a game years ago in Buffalo when the Bills played my favorite team the Cowboys, and Bills fans were throwing stuff at me b/c I was wearing an Aikman jersey. They asked my dad what went wrong when he raised me haha... keep in mind I was a teenager and that was actually pretty scary when people were harassing me), but what happened this day was a BIT over the edge. He said that around 30 people in his section got thrown out of the game b/c of being rowdy. One person even got stabbed. STABBED! AT A FOOTBALL GAME! What is wrong with people?! Obviously alcohol (mixed with anger and hot tempers when your team is losing) is a huge factor in violence at sporting events. This is nothing new of course, but my brother said it was actually kind of scary. Yes, to say the least, I said.

This weekend I was traveling on Greyhound to Orlando for my friend Mo's wedding (a post will come later about my weekend there), and one of the bus drivers started yelling at this cute little old lady for no reason. I guess she couldn't speak English, and was confused about what door she should be at to board her bus. "Do you speak English?" She shakes her head no. "You have to read this on your ticket and you will know what to do!", he says. Like she understood that. Then her motioned her away with his hand. I don't know why he had to be so mean-why couldn't he have just gotten someone that spoke Spanish (like you can't find that in Orlando), and helped her?

On my birthday on Sunday, Mark and Marsha took me out to BW3 in Tally (sports bar) for some after dinner drinks (where we met Heather Tom last year!!). There were police all around when we got there and we wondered what happened. We ended up finding out that a fanatic football fan had a blow horn there and refused to stop blowing it. When the manager asked him to stop b/c it was so loud and rude to the other customers, he got belligerent and started pushing her around (she is like 90 pounds too). Then the BW3 staff called the police.

I love people, and I love learning about them, but I also cannot stand them at the same time for reasons like these!! If people weren't so self-absorbed and actually made efforts to get along with people and understand them, maybe this world would be a better place.

No comments: