Monday, October 03, 2005

People suck: Edition # 2




This weekend was the FSU vs. Syracuse game. I have divided loyalties, and maybe I was a sell-out, but I decided to root for SU. I wore an SU tank top and FSU beads. When people asked me why I did that, I said, well, I have been a fan of SU for longer than FSU. I still showed my support for my school though by wearing the beads. SU needed more fans though. : )

I have to say that the comment of the day was said by a stranger walking up the stairs near where we were sitting. Someone was just standing on the stairs and the stranger in question was saying "excuse me" and they wouldn't move. So, the stranger says "I guess 'excuse me' is a lost art these days". Hum. I agree! That is the problem with people: there are no manners!

After the game I took these pictures. I know that everyone has seen stadiums and outsides of stadiums after game days, but I just had to put these on my blog. When I go to games or the movies, I always bring my garbage to the trash can afterwards. What is SO hard about that? People even made a nice little setup on that first picture and were nice enough to arrange the beer bottles in a nice little circle on the lamppost instead of on the ground. Gee thanks. I saw on the news that the people that clean up our stadium are the Army ROTC students too. Kudos to them for doing this on a Sunday from 9-12 after every game day! Poor kids.

My dad was in town for the game, and we went to Wal-mart over the weekend too. Another thing I can't stand is how people cannot return the shopping carts to the places in the parking lots. There were shopping carts literally 15 feet away from where you can return the carts, and people were too LAZY to walk the extra 10 seconds and place the cart nicely into the thing. Is it THAT hard? I know my brother would appreciate this post because he used to be a shopping cart person at our local grocery store way back when and he used to say how much of a pain people were. Maybe I am just pointing out the obvious, but if people really took time to care, this world would be a much neater and nicer place.

2 comments:

Erin said...

yeah, people definitely suck. but sometimes the best thing we can do is show them how it's done and maybe their conscience will eat them alive. oh and teach your kids to be good people too. that ought to do it.

Marsha said...

Janice, I never understand people do that stuff and I always feel sorry for the people who have to clean up afterwards....
That is the part that really sucks!
M