Thursday, October 20, 2005

Tales from afar

Well this week has been the week of foreign travel stories. My mom is back from Peru and had an incredible time, which I am not surprised about. : ) She took lots of pics, and bought some great souvenirs for me that I requested (I especially wanted postcards to add to my foreign postcard collection). She said she ate some llama, octopus, squid, and tried guinea pig. All were disgusting. She is like me though-I would try it just to say I tried it (except for the gross seafood), and because I was in a foreign country. I remember in Espana I tried pig's intestines, but that was not as bad as guinea pig.

In my class, I had study abroad day on Wed., and I invited some students I have been advising for years in to speak about their overseas experiences. One student just went to Vietnam (his pics were incredible-house boats, open air markets, Ho Chi Minh City, etc.) and said that he tried dog. He showed my class one pic with 3 plates of different colored meat, and the class said "those 3 plates are all dog?" and he said " yeah, different kind of dog". He was the only person who tried it on the trip.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Haha
I love this post Janice. Well I have had iguana, welks, rabbit and turtle...does that count?
It was all in one day too!
M