Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Random thoughts for today

I guess I'll just list the recent events-I don't really have creative energy today to come up with a good post:

1. I dyed my hair black on Sunday (from dark brown) and I LOVE it. Absolutely love it. I think it's going to become a permanent thing. I only did the temporary Clairol Natural Instincts # 36 Midnight - Neutral Black thing that washes out in 28 shampoos in case it came out where I didn't like it, but I do. : ) My class liked it too and noticed right away.
2. I went to Curves last night as usual on Mondays, and the fitness technician Shelby took my monthly measurements. I lost 1.4% body fat, so I must be doing something right. I also won a Curves breast cancer shirt in a drawing they had.
3. Today is my friend Marsha's b'day and she is 30. She thinks it's a good age to be-I might need to take notes on how she is dealing with turning 30, because in 2 years I will be doing the same thing, and I don't know if I am going to have the same reaction. Turning 25 was hard enough for me (knowing that I wouldn't be able to check off the 18-24 age group on surveys anymore really threw me for a loop).
4. My mom is in Peru right now, and she's getting me lots of souvenirs to put on my international shelf.
5. On Sat night, Costa Rica beat the US 3-0 to win a bid to the 2006 Copa Mundial. Felicitaciones! When I go again in May, I'll have to get some gear to wear back in the States.
6. The Yanks' season is done. I don't have much more to say about that other than I guess my team will be the Cardinals. I want to see Pujols get a World Series ring.
7. The weather here has been amazing-upper 80s-90 every day and partly cloudy to mostly sunny. This is one time of the year when I am glad to be in FL and not NY.
8. Speaking of weather, I always remember growing up in NY and having to worry about trick-or-treating in the snow. It is just so nice here for kids not having to worry about picking out a cute little princess costume or a Batman costume and having to put a sweater over it. One year in high school, a bunch of friends (including the Spanish foreign exchange student Ruben!) and I dressed up as a deck of cards (we made them out of cardboard and painted on the designs). It snowed/sleeted/rained and our costumes were ruined, and we were freezing. I remember that the paint ran. Looking back, it was kinda funny, but then it wasn't, right Benner and everyone that went with us that year?

** My heart also goes out to the Pakistanis and everyone that was devastated by this earthquake that has now killed over 40,000. I got an email from a fellow humanities grad student today who is from Pakistan that said she knows of kids that were killed when their school collapsed on top of them.

Until next time...

No comments: