Sunday, October 23, 2005

After the 2 AM hour

One of my favorite things about living so close to campus, to bars (not to mention one of the most popular clubs in town too), and to the student population is that I get woken up at anytime after 2 AM when the kids start spilling out of the bars. (I hope you can sense the sarcasm in my voice). Normally I would actually think it's kind of funny and just a typical Saturday night in Tally, but since my doctoral prelims last for 4 days this week and I want to get as much rest as possible so I can study and be coherent, I was annoyed. I go out too mind you, but this weekend has been dedicated to staying home and studying. After all, these are the biggest exams of my life.

So, around 230 or so I awake to shouts of guys outside yelling at each other. "Get the (expletive) out of my way" "I didn't (expletive) do that" amidst shouts of a girl yelling "stop stop!". Obviously there was some fight going on that was started at the bar and carried out in a drunken stupor outside my apt. complex. Follow that with jinging keys, car engines starting (great, they are driving drunk too), loud bass, and tires screaching, and it makes for an interesting night. Add that in with police and fire truck sirens going off around town, and I had a great night of sleep. : /

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I'm sorry to hear about the sleepless night.

Are you taking me to one of those bars when we come up for the NC State game? ;-)

Marsha said...

Sorry Janice
Well I know you will do well, no matter how you sleep...remember what I said about that.....
I'll say some prayers ...YEAH!