Saturday, October 29, 2005

Weird night

Marsha and I had just come back from babysitting her friend's three kids (who were absolutely fun to be with!) on Thursday night around 11 PM. Marsha dropped me off and I started watching my soaps. Around 1130, I heard one of the loudest explosions I have ever heard in my life, followed by a flickering of my electricity. All of the people in my apt. complex (and neighboring apt. complexes too) ran out of their apts. and across the street to see what happened. I, of course, was one of them. There is a big hill near my complex, and it turned out that some wicked drunk kid had gone down the hill at full speed, and veered off the road, hit a pole, and the power box of the complex across the street (which was why the power was out across the street too!). Four police cars came, and I swear that there were over 100 people looking at this accident (complete with their digital cameras and video recorders). I didn't bring my camera initially, but ran back to get it b/c this accident was so bad.

Well, here are some pics. This first one is the scene with people around it.
The second is the actual accident. This kid really did a number on the power supply box.

The third is the kid MISERABLY MISERABLY MISERABLY failing the sobriety test. The cop asked him to walk the straight line and he kept falling over and people around me were just shaking their heads. The cop also asked the kid to put his finger on his nose, and he was falling backwards. He will have a hefty bill for the power supply thing and his truck!! Message of the day: PLEASE do not drink and drive. : /

No comments: