Tuesday, February 14, 2006

VIVA LA RAZA

I had an amazing weekend. I went to WWE "Road to Wrestlemania" on Fri night here in Tally, and then I went up to Atl for the : ) RICKY MARTIN : ) concert. That post will come later. But first, WWE was awesome. I have been to many WWE (and WWF when it was called that) events, and this was no different. It is just so cool to see the wrestlers in person. I went with my coworker, his wife, and her daughter (his step-daughter). It was great b/c we had 4th row seats and we were pretty close to the wrestlers (I bought the tickets the day they came on sale). The bad thing (well, one bad thing) was that 4th row is on the floor and you can't see anything unless either you stand up on your tip toes, you are 7 feet tall, or you stand while everyone else sits (at which point you get yelled at by the usher people). So, I had to keep picking up my coworker's stepdaughter so that she could see the action in the ring. I think I killed my back doing that b/c I can't bend over at all today. Sharp pains shoot up from my lower back... the other bad thing was that his wife was looking SO forward to seeing Shawn Michaels, and his stepdaughter was looking SO forward to seeing John Cena, and they both cancelled. Tough luck!! : (

The thing about my back is beside the point though. I still had a wicked good time! Here are some pics. The first is my boy Carlito (hot) wrestling RVD, then the MIZ! (REAL WORLD!), Chavo!! (hot), the 3-way slam with The Masterpiece (yuck) and Shelton Benjamin (without his mom there) and Kane underneath, 2 pics of Triple H, Flair, and Edge elbowing Flair (the main event was The Big Show and Flair vs. Edge and HHH).

The whole thing was great, and I bought a "Viva la raza" Eddie Guerrero (1967-2005) t-shirt (I had blogged about his death back in Nov.). Everyone was doing the Ric Flair "WOOO" thing too. It echoed throughout the whole civic center. Oh, and Ron Simmons (Farooq) showed up too b/c he went to FSU. I didn't enjoy the women's match too much, but my coworker's stepdaughter loves Trish Stratus, so that was fun to see her so excited. The other cool thing was that David Castillo (an FSU football player that might go into the NFL and wants to be a doctor) was a security person and he was signing autographs and getting pics with little kids. He was so lucky to be that close to the wrestlers-he was right near the ring. WWE hasn't been to Tally in years, and it probably won't again anytime soon (probably after I leave this place), so I better remember it well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Triple H
DAAAAMMMMMNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
:)

Panner said...

Uh, you like him? Yeah I do too. LOL Even though he is blond.

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOO !