Friday, February 03, 2006

Bershka

My new favorite EUROPEAN clothes store is Bershka. I just love saying the name over and over again because it sounds so cool. Bershka. Bershka. Usually I don't like stores like this b/c it resembles Abercrombie and stores like that which are pretty trendy, but I found some great stuff there. Like today I am wearing a black long sleeve shirt with a tie around the front and jeans. The shirt is V-neck and stretchy, and has these ballet-type sleeves. Very European. I also bought a turquoise tank top with little brown/gray sequin things on the straps, a nice purple off-the-shoulder 1/2 sleeve shirt, and another cool brown shirt which I had to give away b/c apparently it didn't fit when I got back to the States. (Don't ask me why I bought it b/c I don't know). The music in the stores is great too-Euro-techno stuff.

I think I may just like the store b/c it IS European. haha Luckily it was right by my hotel in Barcelona, so I could run there whenever I wanted (there were a ton of Bershkas around Barcelona too though). I looked up their website (www.bershka.com) because I wanted to see if there were stores in the US. But of course, there aren't. There are stores in Belgium, Cyprus (Baghdatis!), Czech Rep., France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Lebanon, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Espana : ) , Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and Venezuela. Maybe someday Bershka will penetrate the US market. I think they would make a killing here. Even if they had a few stores in big cities like Miami, LA, Vegas, NYC, Chicago, Houston.


The website says that Bershka was "started in 1998 to meet the demands of a young public thirsty for new colours and fashion". The site is cool too-there are little birds up top that you click on to get gift cards, contact the store, see pictures for press releases, and click on a time of day to see what clothes would go well with that time. When you click on the birds, they fly around. It's neat. You can also click on the humans and move them around. My favorite one is 11 PM-I love the girl's shirt, and when you click on the light from her motorcycle, a guy appears.

So, when you go to Europe, or the Middle East, or Central America, or South America, find a Bershka nearest you.

No comments: