Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Mi hermanito and things







As much as it is killing me to leave the Ricky post, this one is about someone even more important: MIKEY!! My brother is great and I am so proud of him-we are as close as a brother and sister could be and have only fought I think twice in our lives (when I kicked him in the stomach when I was maybe 8 yrs old and he was 6, and then when I pushed him into a tv and he hurt his ear-sorry Mikey). I am laughing so hard as I upload these pics.

Last night he did updates on the SU/West Virginia game on ESPN Radio (and SU won thank god)! I listened to him here in Tally! He sounded excellent, and his voice is just MADE for radio. I know I am biased, but he REALLY DOES sound good. Everyone knows it. : ) He sent me a text message around 730 asking if I heard his first update and I said no and I got mad b/c I didn't hear it. Then he called at around 748 saying that he would be on at 803. So I called my mom and dad and told them, and they called me back at 802. Apparently in Syracuse the ESPN Radio channel didn't come in as good as mine here in Tally. So I had my mom on one phone (cell) and my dad on the other (home) and held the phones up to the radio so they could hear it. It was so neat to hear Mikey on national radio saying his name and that he was reporting for ESPN Radio. I was just mad I didn't tape it. When he is famous someday, maybe he will hook me up with Derek Jeter. Or whoever. A foreign soccer player maybe. haha

(* Let me put a plug in here for the band he manages too: New Day. Check out their website at www.newdayband.com . I booked them for my 10 yr high school reunion that I organized with a couple other people, and they were a hit).

Another thing to report: I am now sleeping in my bed. YES, if you can believe that. I have always always always slept on my couch (for years), and now my back is starting to hurt, so I figured I should start sleeping on something more firm than my couch's cushions. I just have to figure out some way to put a tv in my bedroom, b/c I hate not falling asleep to the tv (the only one I have is in my living room). : / Well, I still keep the tv on so I can see the lights from it.

I wanted to ask a question too, and please leave a comment if you know the answer: I have always been stumped by people that throw their pair of sneakers over telephone wires on the street. Does anyone have ANY idea why people do that? Am I just stupid for not knowing?? There are 3 pairs of sneakers on a wire near my apt. complex, and I have never known the reason behind it. I bet I will feel dumb when I find out the answer, but I'd like to know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Mikey!

Anonymous said...

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2001/09/09-19-01tdc/09-19-01dnews-4.asp

will give yu an answer to the sneakers question

Anonymous said...

Oh and yu forgot to say how Mikey is one of the funniest people in the world!

Panner said...

Yes, Mikey is HILARIOUS!

Okay so the sneaker thing is for someone's b'day (which I never thought of), or b/c of an accomplishment they made b/c of their shoes (which I had an idea it would be). Hum.