Friday, January 12, 2007

HI

I am back. Believe it or not, I did try to post on this a few days ago, but it wasn't working (imagine that). So now that work has calmed down, I am doing it now.

Turkiye was something I will never forget.... everyone reading this blog knows about that anyways, so I don't need to repeat it. : ) I have the man of my dreams forever.

I do have one aggravation: while I was in Turkiye and NY, I submitted a request online at usps.com to have my mail held and to have the postman deliver it when I got back. Well, when I got back into town, there was no mail in my mailbox, and not in the bigger locked boxes either. I said, hum, no mail for 3.5 weeks? Must be something weird going on. So I call and call the local post office and keep talking to different people who can't tell me anything. Finally I talked to the supervisor who told me that what happened is that I have a new postman. Apparently the postpeople bid on routes, and my old postman (who was great) won another route, and my route was empty. Nice. So it probably got screwed up because of that, and also because the request was submitted online and sometimes the local post offices don't get the requests.

To make a long story short, my mail from 3.5 weeks has disappeared. Anyone who sent Xmas cards may have them sent back to them, or they may not-I have NO idea. I love it! (NOT) I am pissed as hell. The supervisor told me to check my apt. complex office to see if maybe the mailman gave the stack to them, but they said no. Watch, I will be like those stories you see on the news when people get postcards 45 years later. : /

Next time, I will pay someone to get my mail every few days. It would be worth the money rather than go through this crap again! Maybe if I complain enough, I will get free stamps. Or better yet, free shipping to Turkiye. ; )

1 comment:

Erin said...

3-5 weeks worth of mail gone? That's kind of scary to think about. If the post office never got your request to begin with, wouldn't you have an overload of mail in your box? It just sounds really fishy. If there were any bills in there, you may want to check in with the companies and make sure you take steps to protect yourself from identity theft.