Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A couple things to ponder

1. I was watching 60 Minutes on Sunday, and one story was on messy desks at the workplace. If I remember right (which I think I do), workers with messy desks (as opposed to neat and clean) were 36% more effective at their jobs. I am trying to find the story on their website, but I can't right now. I have a messy desk (and apartment!), and people laugh at me all the time, but now there may be something good about it. I always knew that, but now I have proof. And wasn't it Einstein that said if someone is messy they are smarter? ;)

2. I think my Spanish is slipping.... but not much of course. I just speak Turkish so much now that I feel like my mind is so mixed and jumbled... today I went to the Costa Rican welcome dinner for the group that is in Tally for 2 weeks, and when I went to say "si", it almost came out as "evet". It took me half a second to realize "oh wait, SPEAK SPANISH IDIOT!". I don't know what that means, but it's good that my brain is working that much I guess. :P

1 comment:

Erin said...

Let me know if you find that 60 minutes story. I know I could use that for anyone who dares enter my messy office.