Friday, January 19, 2007

Crazy?

So I set my alarm today for 430 AM. Why? TENNIS. The Aussie Open. The time difference is rough, but I do it every year. (Askim, hope you are ready for that hahaha). : * Roddick was playing Safin, who is one of my favorite players. I fell asleep and woke back up at 530 and watched the match until I had to take a shower. I was mad b/c I missed the end of the 4th set... Roddick won, which makes me happy too b/c I have liked him since he started (but I still love Safin). Plus the Connors/Roddick duo is awesome. It was raining at one point during the match, and the roof had to be closed. Safin complained that the court was too wet to play (especially the slippery lines), but the chair umpire (one that umps a lot) said you still have to play. I sided with Safin-what if he fell and twisted his ankle just b/c they wouldn't dry the court? Stupid. Safin got warned b/c he swore, but I don't think anyone cared b/c that is the way he is.

Federer will still win the Open, and win his 10th grand slam title. 4 away to tie Sampras! I can't believe I am priviliged enough to be watching one of the all-time greats in the making!

On the women's side, I am hoping for Clijsters before she retires after this year, but I think it may be Mauresmo or Serena. Hingis would be great too. I would love to see her win.

No comments: