Monday, November 14, 2005

Sad day in the wrestling world

I was going to blog about this weekend and how much fun Marsha and I had, but I feel that I need to talk about wrestling instead. Here is why: I just looked at CNN's homepage and saw that one of my favorite wrestlers, Eddie Guerrero was found dead this weekend. I just cannot believe that this guy, who I JUST saw wrestling on tv on Friday, and who is only 38 years old with a wife and 3 daughters, just died so quickly. In his career, he was a great wrestler, and had traveled the world. He came from a strong Mexican wrestling family, about which you can read here. He was like so many wrestlers that came from a wrestling family (The Rock and others). It is just so unbelievable that he is dead now like so many other wrestlers I used to love and follow for years like Owen Hart (1999), Andre the Giant (1993), Davey Boy Smith of the Britsh Bulldogs (2002), Miss Elizabeth (2003), Big John Studd (1995), and the Junkyard Dog (1998). At least people like Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, KoKo B. Ware, the Iron Sheik, and my favorites, Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart, are still here (and now I love Batista and the Mexicools!).

I remember when Mikey and I used to play with his WWF figurines and it was SO fun. He had a wrestling ring too, and we used to spend hours making the guys wrestle and making up stories. Mikey used to also throw some Ninja Turtles in the mix just to make it fun (after he strung them from the ceiling). haha Wrestling was such a big part of growing up for me, and I just hate to see all of these people dying that I used to love (and still do). : ( I'll be thinking about the Guerrero family, and I plan on watching wrestling tonight.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow, I can't believe you still watch wrestling. Oh wait, yes, I can.

Remember when Brad used to come over on Monday nights to watch RAW and you 2 would practice the wrestling moves? :)