Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Amigos

I haven't posted in a while, and I just realized that. I have just been having so much to do lately..........

Well, not this past weekend, but a weekend before that, was what I called my "friend weekend". I am not going to mention any names, but many people called me that weekend that needed help; some worse than the others. Some had life problems, some were frustrated at people in their lives, some needed advice, some needed proof-reading, some had real, serious crises. I am just glad people feel that they can talk to me-I think I am a good listener, above anything. I may not give the best advice, but I try. I treasure my friends and family, and I can think of nothing more that I would like to do than putting down anything I was doing and helping anyone out. I was once thinking about becoming a therapist/counselor/psychologist since I seem to be a sounding board for a lot of people. Maybe that could be my next Ph.D. hahaha Keep dreaming.

Anyways, this past weekend was a blast. I am sure some people have read Marsha's blog, and hers just about sums up the weekend. My brother Mikey was in town and it was soooo fun. I never laugh so much than when he is around. You know how brothers and sisters have all these inside jokes from their childhood... well, you can guarantee that when Mikey and I are together people can tell that we are the best of friends. : )

He arrived on Thurs and took a cab to where I work (b/c I don't drive). We went to lunch with Marsha at Los Compadres, my all-time favorite restaurant, and chatted a bit with Rafa, our favorite waiter there. Then we just hung out that night since Mikey was tired from his 6 AM flight. On Friday, I took the day off and we went to the mall and shopped around, and we saw "Jarhead". That movie was fantastic!! Then at night, we went to my friend Willy's table tennis practice (since Mikey plays TT), and then to the Downtown Getdown (like a big pep rally downtown where the streets are blocked and there are games and food like a carnival and the FSU Marching Chiefs and FAMU Marching 100 play). Sat was the game (FSU vs. NC State)... we won't talk about that b/c it was a disaster for FSU. Later that night we partied at a sports bar and had sooooo much fun. There was a group of 8 people (Mikey, Marsha, Mark, Phil, Jess, Jon, and Steve.. and me of course) and we just sat and laughed and laughed and watched the Gators and 'Canes pull out wins. It's great how quickly people got along-we had all just met Steve, and he fit right into our group (he's Mark's friend from home).

When I get pics from Jess, I will try to put some up here. I will see which are better between mine, Marsha's, and hers. : )

Hasta entonces.............

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I (Marsha)was one of the casualties of 'friend weekend' so thanks a lot for all your help Janice!