Friday, March 14, 2008

Swirling

There are a lot of things I wanted to blog about and don't know where to start. I guess I will just make a list as usual (when I have lots of things to say).

1. My orangutan website has a new feature called Photo of the Week. This week's is soooo cute! http://redapes.org/new-feature-photo-of-the-week/

2. About politics, I just have to say that I give these people running for president a lot of credit for having so much energy to campaign-and it doesn't matter what political party you are to sit back and say wow, they really want this and are going after it full force. Especially McCain who is over 70 yrs old and hitting different states, making speeches, appearing at events. Kudos to you and everyone else who has been in the race at some point for even making the effort to embark on this tiresome journey!! I couldn't imagine having to talk to people every day, travel, etc. for more than a year. Isn't there a point where they say geez, I just want to go home and watch tv and skip this dinner event! But they can't.

3. There is an article on msn.com about how neat people are compulsive and how being too tidy can ruin your life ( http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23565682?GT1=43001 ). Here is a bad point to being tidy:

One, he says, is the loss of creativity. “If you make your environment very neat, you’re making everything predictable,” he says. “You will lock out bad things — you’re less likely to be late, things are less likely to spill or break — but you’re also locking out luck.” That messy desk or kitchen is more conducive to making the random connection that could lead to a scientific breakthrough or a new recipe.

The reason I bring that up is bc I am messy and have piles on the floor (or as my brother calls them, "landmines"). Always been that way-in high school, no one could even walk on my bedroom floor. But I like it-it's being free and not uptight in my opinion. What is weird is that I am so organized when it comes to paying bills and doing my bank accounts and keeping track of birthdays, but take a visit to my house and office, and you'll see the piles of papers. I am messy, not dirty. Huge difference. :P

4. 2008 is the YEAR OF THE FROG. Why? Because many species are going extinct and we have to help. Please sign up to be a friend of the frogs here: http://www.yearofthefrog.org/ . I bought a book called "The Lilypad List: 7 Steps to the Simple Life" and the author donates 1/3 of all royalties to the Amphibian Ark. http://www.amphibianark.org/shop.htm Take a look at all the other cool stuff you can buy there and sign the petition. :) Here is another cool site: http://savethefrog.com/ . And here is my frog, Eon. He will be 22 this year (well, maybe even older since I bought him from a pet store and who knows how old he was when I bought him). Thank you Mom for taking great care of him!


No comments: