Thursday, October 04, 2007

Few things

Again, I am going to make a list.

1. I was walking on campus the other day and two students were sitting watching something in the tree. One guy said "I would miss class for this!" so naturally I looked up. There was a hawk chasing a squirrel and it was really neat. I thought I saw a nest too, so I am sure the hawk wanted some food for the babies. I stood there for about 10 min watching this chase. The crowd got bigger too, and after some time there must have been maybe 30 people watching this and taking pics with their camera phones. It was something that Discovery or Animal Planet probably would have videoed! Finally the hawk gave up and flew away. You should have seen the way the squirrel's heart was pounding though-I have never seen a squirrel that nervous. :( I even got nervous for him.

2. The Rock and his wife donated $1M to the FOOTBALL facilities at U Miami? What? Can't that money go to better use? Like starving kids? Cancer research?

3. My friend and I were driving to dinner the other night and we crossed the train tracks... well we saw the train with its lights on (yes, it was CLOSE) and the freaking bar things weren't even down. Nice to know they work! The train looked like it was stationary, but still, the bars didn't even go down and it was close.... very close.

4. Go visit my brother-in-law's forum-it's really cool! http://www.jaserhami.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=890d2e337124b219de91f49b752d2b0a;www

No comments: