Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Miss Manners

I write a lot about manners and basic courtesy because I think people don't have them anymore. Well, today I was proved wrong. I was getting into the elevator after lunch and a guy was already going up and the door was about to shut. I said "don't worry about it" but he stuck his hand inbetween the doors and said "oh, I have a chemical in this bottle and it might smell so I didn't want you to get in and have to smell it. I just didn't want you to think I was being rude [by not keeping the doors open so I could get in]". Wow. So, again, he opened the doors just to say that he was going to close them and didn't want me to think he was being rude by not letting me in.

(Then I got into the other elevator and a lady got out and the elevator smelled like fart, so maybe I should have been in the original one hahahahaha).

Just thought that was nice. (The first part, not the fart).

No comments: