Monday, June 25, 2007

Garage sale mania/UK politics

I was out of town this weekend, and my friend had a garage sale. She made a TON of money there!! But, that is not the reason for the post. The reason I am writing, as usual, is to say WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? First, the sale started at 8 AM. Guy shows up at 7 asking what she will be selling, when it starts, etc. She has to say to him 3 times to come back at 8 (as the article in the paper said). Then at 757, a FLOOD of people come. I guess they are part of a big neighborhood area garage sale interest group. By 930, half of the stuff was gone. My friend had a pair of pants on sale that she had gotten her husband at a warehouse for over $100 and was asking $2 for them. $2. The lady that wanted to buy them said I'll give you a dollar. (Are you kidding?) My friend said no, and the lady says (in a really nasty tone): "WELL, this IS a garage sale after all" and walks away without buying them. Talk about cheap! Then, a guy was buying $2 worth of stuff (VHS tapes, etc.) and said I'll give you $1.50 for everything. WHAT DIFFERENCE IS 50 CENTS?? At that point, my friend was so pissed that she said fine. But really. Trying to negotiate at a garage sale? Isn't there any protocol for that?!

On another note, Tony Blair is gone. I am really wondering what UK politics will be like with Gordon Brown as prime minister.........................

No comments: