Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I forget, what decade are we in?

If you read the news headlines on CNN today, you see "Nooses, violence divide town" and "Swastikas burned into golf fairways". You have to be kidding me. I know in this day and age there has been a resurgence of ideas of hatred that happened back 40, 50, 60 yrs ago (just go to Barcelona too, where neighborhood signs say "we are anti-Skinhead here" or "Nazi-ism not welcomed here"), but with all the cultural diversity and immigration going on in this country and everywhere else, people can't disregard skin color or background and get to know a person and who they are on the inside? I am so sick of this. When I have kids someday, I am going to have them be friends with everyone. African-Americans, Hispanics, Muslims, disabled people, etc.

Is anyone not scared about this???? My friend said this today when I told her about my blog idea: "Amazing how we can come so far and yet not go anywhere at all". Excellent summary. :(

No comments: