Thursday, July 19, 2007

Helping out with a baby for the weekend...

I went to visit my best friend in the whole world up in NC this past weekend, and it was SO great to spend time with her! We have only seen each other at Xmas for a couple hours or at my bridal shower, etc. and I felt the need to spend a few days with her and her son and husband. You only live once.......... We went around her town, to UNC-Chapel Hill and Duke, the NC Natural Science Museum in Raleigh, and a GREAT Mexican restaurant called El Dorado. It's ALMOST as good as Los-I would say close second! And that is saying a lot!

I also got to see first hand what it would be like to have kids right now, and honestly, I am not ready for that yet. hahaha It is SO much work... getting up with him at 6 AM, feeding, playing, putting him down for naps, bathing, car seats, strollers, high chairs, sippee cups, toys, crying (and laughing too!-he really is a happy kid :) ), diapers, stair gate things, protective things for the outlets, daily routines, etc. They are such good parents though, and I know I learned some things from the best: especially that I am not ready for this. hahahaha I was good for the weekend, but glad that I could just go home after work and chill out or go anywhere I wanted or wake up when I wanted. Maybe in 4 yrs I will change my mind. ;) Well, I have to change my mind bc we already planned to take trips so our kids can play together!

No comments: