Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Discovery Channel is amazing

So if you have not been watching the mini-series on Discovery called Planet Earth (made in cooperation with the BBC b/c you know the Brits are smarter and better than we are!-that's the truth-I am not making fun of them), you are really missing out. Just the opening makes me have goosebumps! The music together with the various habitats and animals around the world... it's spectacular.

It's an 11 part series filmed in over 200 locations over 5 years. Wow. Animals and places no one has ever seen or visited. Chacma Baboons wandering through flooded water in Botswana which I have NEVER seen before, lions attacking and killing an elephant, tiny little Pygmy Seahorses only a 1/2 inch long in the Indo-Pacific seas, wild yaks, birds dancing, Bactrian camels in the Gobi.... it's awesome!!

I especially love it because it bounces around the world and each episode focuses on a particular habitat. :)

www.planet-earth.com GO TO IT!! I love the Earth! I want the DVD.

Also watch Deadliest Catch Tuesdays at 9 on Discovery. It showcases the most dangerous job on Earth in my opinion: King Crab hunting off the Bering Sea. There are 5 fishing boats with captains, deck bosses, etc. and it goes through the crab season and weather, personal conflicts, boat breakdowns, and other things they have to endure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deadliest Catch is one of my favorite shows! Arthur and I have been watching it for two years now! The Discovery Channel rules!! :)